TheLion.com postmaster at thelion.com
Tue Sep 4 20:33:02 EDT 2001

TheLion Stock Roars Report
"The Report with Solid Ideas Behind It"
September 5, 2001

Dow 10033.27 +35.78 (+0.36%)  Nasdaq 1759.01 -11.77 (-0.66%)

*************** Advertisement ******************

FREE $55 VIDEO INTERVIEW WITH ONE OF TODAY'S MOST
SUCCESSFUL MONEY MANAGERS AND
STOCK MARKET AUTHORITY!!
NOW YOU CAN LEARN HIS SECRETS TO SUCCESS
THAT CAN HELP YOU, TOO!

http://www.tradingpit.com/clickthru/default.cfm?src=lion

See, hear, and learn about this highly successful money manager, and his easy-to-understand investment strategies, in the highly informative, illuminating new videotape interview many investors are raving about!

By TheLion Staff:

Market Ideas for 9/5/2001

1) Dow and Nasdaq took it up the chin during the earning morning sell-off followed by momentum buying in the bluechips, networking, and chips front. Techs spooked early by Cisco Chamber's comment about industry consolidation. Words get out that perhaps over 30% of the tech companies in NAZ 100 index will not be around in another 3 years. Traders took the call to mean massive tech bankruptcies out in the horizon. Sure most of these tech companies will still be around. HP buying Compaq business is one such example how consolidation can work in the long-run. The market idea here is companies will more likely to exhibit "monopolistic" pricing power, more cost controls, therefore, higher margins and earnings ahead.

2) Several rumors of large tech mutual funds will be forced to liquidate their portfolios per CNBC report, now isn't it ironic that just a year and half ago several large hedge funds that shorted tech and internet stocks during the tech boom years had to liquidate in order to stay afloat. The infamous Tiger Hedge Fund ran by Nobel prize economists folded around that time after posting double digit losses in 1999. The market idea here is tech stock supply and demand. If mutual funds are already out of tech stocks, this is where cherry pickings come in. This may present itself as a nice market bottom here to add into your tech positions.

Stock Ideas for 9/5/2001

1) Manugistics (MANU) trading down AH on earnings warning, stock is currently trading off 30% at $7.30 After-hours. MANU is selling at 2x sales, earnings will be off quite considerably, consider MANU is already discounted heavily last few trading days, while competitor Peoplesoft (PSFT) is trading at 5x trailing sales.

2) Broadvision (BVSN) has 14 consecutive down days, we are witnessing large accumulation on our radar screens last two trading days, believe BVSN is forming a bottom here, presents itself a nice little buying opportunity here. Company official will speak at a major Tech conference Thursday afternoon, a short-term confidence boost.

Disclaimer: Neither TheLion.com nor the writers of this newsletter makes specific trading recommendations or gives individualized financial advice.
Information contained in this newsletter is provided as an information
service only and nothing more. The reader should get personal advice from
a qualified investment professional before buying or selling stocks or other
securities. Readers should be aware that TheLion.com, its employees and partners may own securities discussed in this newletter. Readers shall be responsible for their own investment decisions, in no event, shall TheLion.com or its employees, partners, or anyone be liable for any direct, indirect,
actual, special or consequential damages resulting from the use of the
information provided.

****************Advertisement***********************

FREE $55 VIDEO INTERVIEW WITH ONE OF TODAY'S MOST
SUCCESSFUL MONEY MANAGERS AND
STOCK MARKET AUTHORITY!!
NOW YOU CAN LEARN HIS SECRETS TO SUCCESS
THAT CAN HELP YOU, TOO!

http://www.tradingpit.com/clickthru/default.cfm?src=lion

See, hear, and learn about this highly successful money manager, and his easy-to-understand investment strategies, in the highly informative, illuminating new videotape interview many investors are raving about! Just some of the things you'll learn:

Capitalize just as easily on both bull and bear markets!
Establish the ideal asset allocation mix!
Understand common investment mistakes and how to avoid them!
Uncover startling stock market statistics!
#1 Investment Mistake
How to be a successful investor
Many other very helpful investment tips!
Filmed at HBO Studios, the video is valued at $55 and worth every penny, but it's yours free, with no obligation!

For your free video click here now:
http://www.tradingpit.com/clickthru/default.cfm?src=lion

For faster service, call 1-800-248-2646 or fax 1-212-859-0250. Learn how to be a better investor. Act now while supplies last! Sorry, students and brokers do not qualify for this offer.

Past performance is not necessarily indicative of future results. This is an option selling program which involves the risk of unlimited loss.

MAKE YOUR OPINIONS COUNT! Visit our Wall Street Discussion Forum at
http://www.thelion.com and submit your views or read what others are saying.

To REMOVE yourself from this list, reply with the word 'REMOVE'
in the subject line.