Herriot, Robert Robert.Herriot at pahv.xerox.com
Wed Feb 7 19:10:45 EST 2001

I have a comment which pertains to 3 rules: 5.1.a, 5.2.a and 5.2.b. Each of
these rules specifies something about IPP URLs and mentions one IPP
attribute as an example. Section 5 of RFC 2910 specifies the attributes that
contain an "ipp-URL".

But this draft does not make an adequate link between its term "IPP URL" and
the RFC 2910 term "ipp-URL". Perhaps there should be a more explicit link
between these two concepts.

In addition, a reader can infer from 5.1.a, 5.2.a and 5.2.b that a URL with
a scheme other than "ipp" is OK. RFC 2910 suggests that that certain
specified attributes can only contain ipp-URLs, but the language is not as
strong as it could be.

Bob Herriot