Michael Sweet mike at easysw.com
Mon Mar 19 08:53:09 EST 2001

"McDonald, Ira" wrote:
> Also, RFC 2617 makes clear that protecting the content with
> Digest (over the content and not just the headers) is still
> WEAK security, at best.  If you need real security, you need
> a TLS session.  Ain't no other way to get there.

Right (one of the reasons we concentrated on getting TLS into CUPS
rather than messing with MD5-sess, since it has broader support and
is a better solution...)

I was just pointing out that cnonce by itself won't prevent man-in-
the-middle attacks since the content can be altered by an
intermediary without detection by the server or the client.

Michael Sweet, Easy Software Products                  mike at easysw.com