IPP> Media Standardized Names - Units

Harry Lewis harryl at us.ibm.com
Mon Apr 16 18:33:05 EDT 2001

I'm questioning the use of 1/1000 for English but only 1/10 for metric.
Not only are we loosing precision, but, also introducing rounding errors
during conversion from English to metric . I know the printer MIB heritage is 1/1000 English and 1/10 metric... but
I think we should try to be more precise in this new media mapping.
Harry Lewis
IBM Printing Systems

RonBergman at aol.com
Sent by: owner-ipp at pwg.org