IPP> Media Standardized Names - Units

RonBergman at aol.com RonBergman at aol.com
Wed Apr 18 19:00:55 EDT 2001

Harry,

When we examined the metric sizes there were only a
few that had tenths of millimeters.  That's why we
agreed to define the dimension as mm/10.  I am not sure
why the concern for rounding, since if a device does
convert, it can maintain internally as much precision
as it desires.  As long as there are no metric paper
sizes with dimensions of mm/100, there should not be a
problem.

With inch dimensions, there is always the possibility
of fractions, such as 1/3.  But metric measurements
appear to be more civilized.

   Ron