Mike Bartman bartman at process.com
Mon Apr 30 10:07:40 EDT 2001

Just butting in to note that there are more than one way to coat paper for
ink-jets (and yes, I think "Bubble-Jet" is a Cannon trademark...it's
certainly the name of the their ink jet printers).  I have Epson printers
and they use two different types of paper...one for 360 dpi printing, and
one for 720 dpi.  The coatings are different for the two resolutions, as the
"bleed rate" of the ink needs to be different for the different dot sizes
used by the two resolutions.  I don't know that you can get away with a
single "ink jet coating" name even now for this reason, and I expect that
this will become a bigger problem in future as resolutions and other factors
change.

-- Mike Bartman
   Process Software
   bartman at process.com