IPP> Comments on Media Size Objectives

Harry Lewis harryl at us.ibm.com
Thu May 10 10:43:59 EDT 2001

Well, again, I think it is challenging the elasticity of the main goal
which was to establish one authoritative list of STANDARD media sizes. In
an XML encoding I can picture distinguishing media name as belonging to a
"standard" vs. "private" naming authority. If we MUST accommodate this
goal in the compromise syntax, I guess I suggest a convention of the
"class" or "naming authority" such as

"vend-xxx"

where xxx could be the name of a vendor or customer.

Again, I believe it would be better to keep the media names in this list
we are collecting STANDARD and fairly SIMPLE.
Harry Lewis
IBM Printing Systems

"Carl-Uno Manros" <carl at manros.com>
05/09/2001 10:35 PM