IPP> RE: IFX> ippget Spec Change Request

McDonald, Ira imcdonald at sharplabs.com
Wed Jul 11 11:58:36 EDT 2001

Hi Marty,

Thanks very much for your close reading of IPPGET and comments.

I'll let the editors of IPPGET (Tom Hastings and Harry Lewis)
answer your technical questions.

But for context, note that IPPGET has successfully passed an
IPP WG 'last call' and has already been forwarded to the IESG
for publication as a 'standards track' RFC.  Which means any
technical content changes would have to be submitted as comments
during the Internet-wide 'last call' (whenever it is announced).

There are existing implementations of IPPGET from several vendors,
so changes that are not backwards compatible will be very hard
to make.

Cheers,
- Ira McDonald, consulting architect at Sharp and Xerox
  High North Inc