Hastings, Tom N hastings at cp10.es.xerox.com
Tue Jul 31 21:55:28 EDT 2001

Michael,

Yes, the client doesn't lease events, only Per-Printer Subscriptions.  So a
new term would be ok too as you suggest and not confuse the reader with the
Subscription Object Lease time.  So we would change the terms in IPPGET
from:

Event Notification Lease: The lease that is associated with an Event
Notification. When the lease expires, the Printer discards the associated
Event Notification.

Event Notification Lease Time: The expiration time assigned to a lease that
is associated with an Event Notification.

Event Notification Lease Duration: The duration in seconds of a lease that
is associated with an Event Notification.

to more simply:

Event Notification Life: The time in seconds that an Event Notification
lives before the Printer discards the Event Notification.

So change the name from "ippget-event-time-to-live" to "ippget-event-life
and the terms?

Tom