Carl-Uno Manros carl at manros.com
Tue Dec 18 12:28:35 EST 2001

All,

This is a working group Last Call for the "Internet Printing Protocol (IPP):
Event Notifications and Subscriptions" and the "Internet Printing Protocol
(IPP): The 'ippget'Delivery Method for Event Notifications".
Versions of these documents have been forwarded to the Internet
Draft directory as <draft-ietf-ipp-not-spec-08.txt> and
<draft-ietf-ipp-notify-get-06.txt>.

PDF and Word versions of the drafts are also posted at the ietf-ipp web
site:

          ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/

The Last Call notice follows:

	This is a formal request for final comments within the IETF IPP
working group for two documents. "Internet Printing Protocol (IPP):
Event Notifications and Subscriptions" and the "Internet Printing Protocol
(IPP): The 'ippget'Delivery Method for Event Notifications", which are being
proposed for forwarding on to the IESG for consideration as Standards Track
RFCs. These are IPP working group products, which have been thoroughly
discussed since mid 1998.

The documents has undergone considerable review and revisions during the
past
few months, in the light of additional implementation experience and new
input
from the Printer Working Group project on IPP FAX, and I believe that we now
have IPP working group consensus on their adequacy.

The purpose of a working group Last Call is in the style of "speak now or
forever hold your peace" in case there are fundamental objections, which
have
not gotten previous or adequate discussion, or minor errors which need
correction.

Last Calls are for a minimum of 2 weeks. To give ample time for comments
considering the upcoming holidays, the period for the working group comments
will close on January 4, 2002(US Pacific time reference).

The relevant documents are:

	Title		: Internet Printing Protocol (IPP): Event
                          Notifications and Subscriptions
	Author(s)	: R. Herriot, T. Hastings, M. Shepherd,
                          R. deBry, S. Isaacson, J. Martin, R. Bergman
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ipp-not-spec-08.txt
	Pages		: 101
	Date		: 28-Nov-01

This document describes an OPTIONAL extension to the Internet
Printing Protocol/1.0 (IPP) [RFC2566, RFC2565] and IPP/1.1 [RFC2911,
RFC2910].  This extension allows a client to subscribe to printing
related Events.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
<http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipp-not-spec-08.txt>

	Title		: Internet Printing Protocol (IPP): The 'ippget'
                          Delivery Method for Event Notifications
	Author(s)	: R. Herriot, C. Kugler, H. Lewis
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ipp-notify-get-06.txt
	Pages		: 36
	Date		: 29-Nov-01

This document describes an extension to the Internet Printing
Protocol/1.0 (IPP) [RFC2566, RFC2565] and IPP/1.1 [RFC2911, RFC2910].
This document specifies the 'ippget' Delivery Method for use with the
'IPP Event Notifications and Subscriptions' specification [ipp-ntfy].
When IPP Notification [ipp-ntfy] is supported, the Delivery Method
defined in this document is one of the RECOMMENDED Delivery Methods
for Printers to support.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
<http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipp-notify-get-06.txt>

http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html

Send a message to:
	mailserv at ietf.org.
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipp-not-spec-08.txt".
	or
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipp-notify-get-06.txt".

NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	how to manipulate these messages.

Sincerely,

Carl-Uno Manros
Chair of the IETF IPP WG

New address information from new year 2002:

Carl-Uno Manros
2657 Windmill Parkway #420
Henderson, NV 89074-3384
Tel +1-702-617-9414