Michael Sweet mike at easysw.com
Wed Apr 10 08:50:09 EDT 2002

Carl wrote:
>  There are no examples of URLs referring to jobs, only several examples of
> URLs
>  referring to printers.  Jobs seem like a much more interesting use of ipp
> URLs,
>  especially returned in the job-uri: response to a job submission, so
> examples
>  of them should be included if possible.

I think that job-uri examples would be just as useless as the current
printer-uri examples; most embedded (read: printer and print server)
implementations use something like:

     ipp://hostname/ipp
     ipp://hostname/ipp/portname

However, these are not listed as examples.

Similarly, do we show:

     ipp://hostname/jobs/123
     ipp://hostname/ipp/job-123

as valid job-uri values, when only the IPP server can provide the
correct values, and even then some current implementations (read:
HP) don't really support Get-Jobs or Get-Job-Attributes.

Michael Sweet, Easy Software Products                  mike at easysw.com