PWG-ANNOUNCE> FW: Diff files for IPP> Notification Documents

Robert Herriot bob at herriot.com
Wed Jun 23 04:26:32 EDT 2004

I'm sorry that my reply is on pwg-announce. However, I need to respond to
the Ira's email that he sent via pwg-announce.

I hope that the PWG members are willing to accept the notification
documents in their current form and will not request any changes or
enhancements (small typos and errors excepted).  In their current form,
they are likely to be published as RFCs soon because IETF reviewers have
made comments about the documents and I have made corrections that address
IETF reviewers' suggestions.  If I make changes beyond those requested by
the IETF reviewers, there are two major problems.
First, I don't have time to make major changes and no one else does
either.  I have offered to do only a small amount of pro-bono
work.  Second, the IETF review process would have to start all over again,
and the reviewers have made it clear that they don't want to review the
documents again. Unless these documents progress in essentially their
current form,  they run a very high risk of never being published by the
IETF.

I believe that it is best for the PWG to ensure that the IETF publish these
3 documents, and that means that they must be published in their current
form. If PWG wants to make extensions to these documents, such extensions
should be published in new IEEE-ISTO documents via some new process that is
a successor to the process that produced these documents.

Bob Herriot