Hastings, Tom N Tom.Hastings at xerox.com
Wed Mar 5 15:59:34 EST 2008

Ira,

I agree that we should not revise any existing standard.  However, I see
no problem with a new standard profile that this IPPv2 project is
developing saying that operation XYZ from standard mno is REQUIRED in
order to conform to the profile that is being defined by the new
standard, even if operation XYZ is OPTIONAL in standard mno.

What's wrong with that?

Tom