IPP> Novell preferences on IPP Operations

Ron.Bergman at ricoh-usa.com Ron.Bergman at ricoh-usa.com
Tue Apr 29 14:52:31 EDT 2008

There is no need to provide a 2.0, 2.1, 2.2 conformance.  We have already
agreed on the conformance of the containing specifications.
See:
ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/ippv2-docs/ippv2-cups-proposal-2008-02-25.pdf

This effort is attempting to determine which operations within these
docments are to be mandatory.

             "Ted Tronson"
             <ttronson at novell.
             Sent by:                  <msweet at apple.com>,
             owner-ipp at pwg.org         <blueroofmusic at gmail.com>
                                                                        cc
                                       <ipp at pwg.org>
             04/28/2008 07:13                                      Subject
             PM                        Re: IPP> Novell preferences on IPP
                                       Operations

I guess I must have had an older version of the document that I filled out.
I didn't see that we were doing a 2.0,2.1,2.2 conformance.  I will take
another look and try to make it match up with what you did.  Also, the file
we posted was not .doc files - it was a .rtf (rich text format) and pdf.
I'll try to get this new matrix out here quickly.  Thanks.

Ira McDonald wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Ted - I converted the file you just sent me to PDF and posted both
> on the PWG FTP site in the directory:
>
>   ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/ippv2-docs/
>
> in the files:
>
>   IPP-OPTIONAL-OPS-PRIORITY-NOVELL.pdf
>   IPP-OPTIONAL-OPS-PRIORITY-NOVELL.rtf
>
> All - please send ALL your comments DIRECTLY to the IPP WG
> list to avoid lost information.  An open standards process and a
> reliable mail archive are important.

If we are going to do the tiered 2.0/2.1/2.2 conformance levels, it
would be useful to see which level Novell is focused on...

BTW, I am unable to open the IPP-OPTIONAL-OPS-PRIORITY.doc file.