Michael Sweet msweet at apple.com
Wed Aug 20 19:18:40 EDT 2008

Whittle, Craig wrote:

> All:
>

> The minutes from the IPPv2 Camas, WA face-to-face meeting can be found at:
>
> ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/ippv2-minutes/08AUG-Camas-IPPv2-face-to-face.pdf

Feedback on meeting notes:

1. Just to be clear, the consensus was to remove the
    document-format requirements entirely?

2. WRT XPS, it is patent-encumbered and not covered by any
    existing ISO, IETF, PWG, or W3C standards.  It may make a
    fine high-level PDL, but IMHO it isn't a good fit for a
    required document-format.

3. WRT BMLinkS, this is the first I have heard of it.  The
    web site indicates modest adoption by Japanese vendors,
    and as best as I can tell from the documentation
    everything is passed as TIFF files, which are a nightmare
    to support thanks to the thousands of possible varients
    you'll run into...

4. CUPS doesn't define required formats, but it does implement
    a lot of them.  I'm more than happy to write up a spec
    for this, though...