Michael R Sweet msweet at apple.com
Tue Sep 2 20:18:18 EDT 2008

All,

Attached are CSV files listing the attributes required for IPP v2.x.

Some comments for discussion:

1. IPP v2.1 requires RFC 3381 (Job Progress Attributes), however all
    of the attributes defined by 3381 are OPTIONAL.  Do we want to make
    them REQUIRED?

2. IPP v2.2 requires RFC 3382 (The 'collection' attribute syntax),
    and while the media-color and media-size attributes of the media-col
    attribute are REQUIRED, the wording of section 5 does not
    specifically require media-col, and in fact says that the examples
    in the spec are only provided to illustrate how to define
    collections in their own spec:

       All of the example attribute definitions in this document are
       illustrative examples, rather than actual definitions.  These
       examples are intended to illustrate how to define collection
       attributes.  Other documents MUST define collection attributes for
       use in actual interchange.  Such definitions may be very similar
       to the examples in this document, since we attempted to pick
       useful examples.

    I've included media-col and the corresponding printer description
    attributes (-default, -ready, and -supported) as required attributes,
    however even "media" is not required by our current IPP/2.x specs...

3. IPP v2.2 requires several PWG 5100.3, but all attributes are
    OPTIONAL.  Do we want to make them REQUIRED?

4. IPP v2.2 requires several PWG 5100.8, but all attributes are
    OPTIONAL.  Do we want to make them REQUIRED?