[IPP] Updated (new) Cancel-Jobs, enhanced Get-Jobs and Purge-Jobs uploaded - some issues needing resolution Thursday

Tom Hastings tom.hastings at verizon.net
Thu Oct 8 07:58:02 UTC 2009

I've uploaded v8 of the new Cancel-Jobs, enhanced Get-Jobs and Purge-Jobs
uploaded at:

ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/Cancel-Jobs-Get-Jobs-Purge-Jobs-enhancement
s-v8-20091007.doc

ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/Cancel-Jobs-Get-Jobs-Purge-Jobs-enhancement
s-v8-20091007.pdf

I'd like to get resolutions Thursday, as I finish the rest of Set 2 on
Thursday.

ISSUES for the new Cancel-Jobs operation are:

ISSUE: OK that the Printer MUST ignore "jobs-ids" if "my-jobs" = 'true' is
supplied, rather than reject the request and return the
'client-error-bad-request" status?

ISSUE: OK that the Printer MUST reject a request that does NOT specify a
list of jobs and does NOT specify "my-jobs" = 'true'?  What if the
requesting user is the operator?  Should this case cancel all jobs?

In other words, is it OK that the Cancel-Jobs operation does not allow the
Operator to cancel all jobs?

ISSUE: OK that the Printer cancels the ones owned, but not the ones not
owned?  Then the Printer can repeatedly perform Cancel-Job operations on
each job in the list, rather than checking the entire list before canceling
any

ISSUES for the Get-Jobs enhancement:

ISSUE: OK that the Printer MUST ignore "jobs-ids" if "my-jobs" = 'true' is
supplied, rather than reject the request and return the
'client-error-bad-request" status?

Thanks,

Tom

believed to be clean.