[IPP] Stable draft of IPP Everywhere Project Charter (17 April2010)

Michael Sweet msweet at apple.com
Tue Apr 27 22:45:44 UTC 2010

On Apr 27, 2010, at 3:33 PM, George Liu wrote:
>> IPP Everywhere (wd-ippeve10-yyyymmdd) - defines ... one IPP Everywhere
> conformance level, based on the IPP/2.0 conformance level defined in PWG
> IPP Version 2.0 Second Edition
>
> Does it mean a IPP Everywhere complaint software/printer has to be IPP
> 2.0 or 2.1 or 2.2 compliant?

Since we haven't even started the charter vote for IPP Everywhere yet (hoping to get that out today, we'll see...) it is impossible to answer that authoritatively, however I have always pitched IPP Everywhere as IPP/2.0+ (that is, 2.0 or higher).

>> STD-2 Prototype working draft of IPP Everywhere - Q2 2011
> Has any company committed to the development of IPP Everywhere
> prototype?

See above.  I have received positive feedback from several vendors already, so I think it is a safe bet that we'll have at least a few prototypes to play with.  Also, CUPS already implements everything that has been discussed for IPP Everywhere thus far...

> Thanks
> George

believed to be clean.