[MFD] RE: [IPP] Attributes needed for Cloud Printing and definition inconsistencies [4 questions about the representation of the values]

Zehler, Peter Peter.Zehler at xerox.com
Mon Jul 26 17:06:27 UTC 2010

Before the wiki write-up by Mike is simply accepted as the IPP Everywhere definition, I want to be sure we have complete agreement on the exact semantics and syntax for the PWG as a whole.  I assume a single definition of semantics and abstract syntax is preferred.  Once we have consensus I will add that to the PWG Semantic model.  Individual protocol binding specifications can handle the encoding of the attributes.  If the PWG definition differs from RFC1876, I want to be sure that differences and mapping is clearly explained. After reading Mike's definition and RFC1876 it seems to me that they are not the same.

Peter Zehler

Xerox Research Center Webster
Email: Peter.Zehler at Xerox.com
Voice: (585) 265-8755