[IPP] Proposal for IPP organizational attributes

Ira McDonald blueroofmusic at gmail.com
Sun Aug 22 16:59:09 UTC 2010

Hi,                                              Sunday (22 August 2010)

Per my action item from our August 2010 PWG Meeting, here is my proposal
for two IPP organizational location attributes that are REQUIRED (same
as "printer-location" in IPP/2.0 conformance level) for inclusion in the
"IPP Everywhere" spec.

The proposed approach is to use LDAP User Schema [RFC4519] / ITU-T X.520
directory attributes.

Comments?

Cheers,
- Ira McDonald (IPP co-editor)

                IPP Organizational Location Attributes

printer-organization (text(127))

This REQUIRED Printer attribute specifies the name of the organization
(e.g., company, university, social club, etc.) that is administratively
associated with this Printer.

See:  Section 5.4.1 'OrganizationName' in ITU-T [X.520] and the derived
section 2.19 'o' in IETF LDAP User Schema [RFC4519].

printer-organizational-unit (text(127))

This REQUIRED Printer attribute specifies the name of the organizational
unit (e.g., 'Human Resources', 'Finance', etc.) that is functionally
associated with this Printer.

See:  Section 5.4.2 'OrganizationalUnitName' in ITU-T [X.520] and the
derived section 2.20 'ou' in LDAP User Schema [RFC4519].

believed to be clean.