[IPP] Epson Request for PWG/IPP Raster

Michael Sweet msweet at apple.com
Tue Feb 8 22:10:37 UTC 2011

On Feb 8, 2011, at 10:42 AM, Petrie, Glen wrote:

> Having just a source provider of the PWG raster is not interoperability.  I personally do not know of a printer that can read CUPS raster xxx or one that could be modified to read a subset.  So is emulation of a printer ok?  I also assume for interoperability, there must be two independent developments.

WRT implementations, there is no differentiation between hardware, firmware, and software - anything that generates or consumes PWG Raster will be considered. As Ira points out, the multiple implementation argument doesn't come up until we advance from "PWG Candidate Standard" status to just "PWG Standard". Interoperability testing will be something that is included in the updated charter (just as we already have interop/bake-off milestones for IPP/2.0...)

believed to be clean.