[IPP] Re: Third revised IPP Everywhere Charter (28 February 2011)

Ira McDonald blueroofmusic at gmail.com
Tue Mar 1 01:51:29 UTC 2011

Hi,

Thanks for that catch Mike - I slightly revised the charter
and posted it over the earlier copy at:

ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/wd-ippeverywhere-charter-20110228.pdf / doc
- line numbers and redlines

Additional changes:

- Added Andrew Mitchell as an editor (for IPP Scan)

- Removed the assumptions about IETF document status
  from specs (b) 'ipps' and (c) LDAP, since this is at the
  discretion of the IESG and current IETF best practice

- Removed reference to (deleted) OBJ-4 from OBJ-7

Co-Chair - IEEE-ISTO PWG IPP WG
Co-Chair - TCG Hardcopy WG
Blue Roof Music/High North Inc
mailto:blueroofmusic at gmail.com
Christmas through April:
  579 Park Place  Saline, MI  48176
  734-944-0094
May to Christmas:
  PO Box 221  Grand Marais, MI 49839
  906-494-2434

On Mon, Feb 28, 2011 at 7:27 PM, Michael Sweet <msweet at apple.com> wrote:

> Minor correction:
>
>     Line 107: remove "see OBJ-4 above" from OBJ-7...
>
> Also, in order to mitigate risk for the first edition of IPP Everywhere, we
> can make the reference to the "ipps" RFC informational (pointing to the
> current draft) with the corresponding background text (in wide use for many
> years, IPP over HTTPS, etc.)
>
> On Feb 28, 2011, at 3:58 PM, Ira McDonald wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I've just posted a *third* draft of our new IPP Everywhere Project charterat:
>
> ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/wd-ippeverywhere-charter-20110228.pdf /
> doc
> - line numbers and redlines
>
> After talking with Mike Sweet just now and reviewing his minutes from
> today's
> IPP WG teleconference, I've tweaked it accordingly.
>
> Major revision that *deletes* the following spec:
>
> - IPP Everywhere Requirements - to be included in each spec
>
> Major revision that *adds* all of the following specs:
>
> - IPP over HTTPS Transport Binding and 'ipps' URI Scheme (IETF
> standards-track)
> - LDAP Printer Schema (IETF informational)
> - PWG Raster (w/ IANA MIME type registration)
> - IPP Everywhere First Edition (printing) - clarified scope as printing
> only
> - IPP Scan Service
> - IPP System Control Service
> - IPP FaxIn Service (leveraging previous IPP Fax project and MFD FaxIn)
> - IPP FaxOut Service (leveraging previous IPP Fax project and MFD FaxOut)
> - IPP Everywhere Second Edition (multifunction)
>

> Note:  The IPP over HTTPS Transport Binding and 'ipps' URI Scheme spec
> MUST be IETF standards-track (i.e., the PWG may not consider it a new
> transport binding, but the IETF will so consider it).
>
> Added initial draft and prototype draft milestones for all these specs (but
> not
> PWG Last Call because prototyping may change them).
>
> Revised many milestone dates - Bill - please check them for plausibility.
>
> Comments?
>
> Cheers,
> - Ira

> Co-Chair - IEEE-ISTO PWG IPP WG