[IPP] Re: Question on PWG draft specification mismatch & parsing

Michael Sweet msweet at apple.com
Sun May 1 00:32:27 UTC 2011

On Apr 28, 2011, at 9:46 PM, Roy Samuel wrote:
> I found that neither of the directories contained files that adhered to the draft document w.r.t parsing the header. Specifically for the value of ‘NumColors’.
>
> --1--
> According to the draft document, bytes 420-423 need to contain ‘NumColors’ value, however, I found them to be zero. Are the sample files outdated??

Not exactly outdated, just the code that generated them (and the page headers) contains an error. I will post updates next week.

> --2--
> (I use GIMP to open the output raster file in RAW mode).
> I have attached a screenshot of the output file that I’m able to view through GIMP (scaled down version).
>
> Is my algorithm wrong? Or are the specs incorrect?

I would suspect the former since the compression code that generated the files has been in use for many years now.

Another tool you can use is RasterView, available here (with source):

    http://www.easysw.com/~mike/rasterview/

believed to be clean.