[IPP] More on Media Standardized

Petrie, Glen glen.petrie at eitc.epson.com
Mon Aug 8 15:54:36 UTC 2011

Mike

The following colors are included in JTAPI, your discretion on which one
you add to the PWG spec.   I am not sure these additions are really
"popularly used" colors.

Black

Brown

Cyan

Gold

Magenta

Mustard

Silver

Turquoise

Violet

For self describing names (I might have missed it) but I thought for the
dimensions the short dimension always came first.  No big deal, I
remembering hearing about this convention.

Under Media Sizes

You have a duplicate na-10x15-envelope

Change title for table 5, 6, 7, 8 (at end ) to be "... Media Metric
Sizes"  Since the separation of "Inch Sizes" and "Metric Sizes" only
affect Chinese entries.  I would put the two Chinese tables together and
drop the "Inch" and "Metric" donation.

            Should there be an ISO_A4x4_297x841mm

            Large Photo in Table 8 is missing "mm"

            Below are some media sizes we use at Epson in addition to
the one's you show; please consult others or use your discretion on
these.  Some may be just name changes (like 4x6)

    CARD_54X86MM

    BUSINESS_CARD_55X91MM,

    L_3.5X5IN,

    BUSINESS_CARD_89X50MM,

    BUSINESS_CARD_89X55MM,

    ENVELOPE_CHOKEI_4_90X205MM,

    YOKEI_3_98X148MM,

    POST_CARD_100X148MM,

    PHOTO_4X6_4X6IN,

    YOKEI_4_105X235MM,

    PHOTO_TRIM_4X6_4.472X6.472IN,

    YOKEI_2_114X162MM,

    ENVELOPE_CHOKEI_3_120X235MM,

    YOKEI_1_120X176MM,

    PHOTO_ALBUM_2L_127X177.9MM,

    HALF_LETTER_5.5X8.5IN,

    COVER_PHOTO_ALBUM_L_127X198MM,

    ENVELOPE_132X220_132X220MM,

    PHOTO_PAPER_200x300_200X300MM,

    DOUBLE_POST_CARD_200x148_200X148MM,

    PHOTO_8X10_8X10IN,

    PHOTO_ALBUM_A4_210X296.6MM ,

    COVER_PHOTO_ALBUM_A5_210X321MM ,

    PANORAMIC_210X594MM,

    SUPER_A3_B_329X483_329X483MM

            Note that Epson sometimes use "Landscape" in the media name
to indicate the media is to be used rotate.  Just something to consider.
(Can also be denote by making the short dimension last.)

believed to be clean.