[IPP] Subset processing dropped along the way

Zehler, Peter Peter.Zehler at xerox.com
Fri Aug 12 15:22:57 UTC 2011

I found that "pages-per-subset" which was in PWG5100.4 was not covered
in PWG5100.6.  It was supposed to be covered in another specification
but apparently was dropped.  We will need to include it in the IPP model
since there are shipping implementations using subset processing.  The
definition can be lifted directly from "pages-per-subset" in section 5.3
of  PWG5100.4
<ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/candidates/cs-ippoverride10-20010207-5100.4.p
df>.

Side Note: I made a change to the element "Pages" in "PagesPerSubset" in
order to keep a flat namespace.  Both "Overrides" and "PagesPerSubset"
had a "Pages" element with different syntax and semantics.   The new
name for "Pages" in "PagesPerSubset" is "NumberOfPagesInSubset".

Peter Zehler

Xerox Research Center Webster
Email: Peter.Zehler at Xerox.com
Voice: (585) 265-8755