[IPP] Fwd: Lost IPP Color spec (from 2002)

Ira McDonald blueroofmusic at gmail.com
Mon Aug 15 17:11:51 UTC 2011

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Ira McDonald <blueroofmusic at gmail.com>
Date: Tue, Aug 9, 2011 at 2:38 PM
Subject: Re: Thanks Ira<eom>
To: "Zehler, Peter" <Peter.Zehler at xerox.com>, Ira McDonald <
blueroofmusic at gmail.com>

Hi Pete,

Inline.

On Tue, Aug 9, 2011 at 1:24 PM, Zehler, Peter <Peter.Zehler at xerox.com>wrote:

> Ira,****
>
> We’ll have a chance to rectify that soon.  I have two unrelated questions*
> ***
>
> **1)      **Do you know what ever became of <
> ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/new_COLOR/pwg-ipp-color-and-imaging-v02-021205.pdf>
> ?

<ira> EEK!  No, I think this spec just got lost - we should share this with
Mike and the IPP folks.

According the IPP and SM mail archives, it was discussed on 5 Dec 2002
at an SM telecon - but there are NO SM minutes after 7 Nov 2002 and
before 23 January 2003 in the SM ftp minutes archive - hmm...
</ira>

> ****
>
> **2)      **Do you think the title of the PWG Print Job Ticket
> specification should be “PWG Print Job Ticket for Cloud Based Printing”?

<ira> No - Instead, I suggest "PWG Print Job Ticket Semantic Model"
with use case(s), design requirements, and implementation notes for
Cloud Printing (and IPP Everywhere?).
Because we don't want to keep rewriting a core SM spec for different
audiences, IMHO.
</ira>

believed to be clean.