[IPP] Proposed errata for rfc3998

Michael Sweet msweet at apple.com
Wed Nov 16 15:47:12 UTC 2011

Pete,

If we make this change, then what is the difference between original-requesting-user-name and job-originating-user-name?

Section 10.8.4 (re)defines job-originating-user-name as the authenticated original user and whose value is supposed to be forwarded by each client unchanged... (something I am not 100% happy with since there is no provision for it in an IPP job submission)

Seems like the original intent was for original-requesting-user-name to be the unauthenticated value.

(and now I go off to add some text for this to JPS3 for job-originating-user-uri...)

believed to be clean.