[IPP] printer-input-tray and printer-output-tray proposals postedto wiki...

Ira McDonald blueroofmusic at gmail.com
Wed Nov 30 13:03:52 UTC 2011

Hi Pete,

There are *lots* of missing elements in these
input and output trays - on purpose - as I said
when I posted them, they follow the WIMS/CIM
mapping rank table from 2006 - low priority
elements were all *intentionally* omitted.

Whereas in the CIM classes, the mapping is
complete - but the CIM Profile would use the
same ranking for conformance (i.e., only
priority 1's would ever be considered for a
REQUIRED in the CIM Profile).

Co-Chair - IEEE-ISTO PWG IPP WG
Chair - TCG Embedded Systems Hardcopy SG
Blue Roof Music/High North Inc
mailto:blueroofmusic at gmail.com

On Wed, Nov 30, 2011 at 7:55 AM, Zehler, Peter <Peter.Zehler at xerox.com>wrote:

> All,
> I added the SM keywords to wiki tables.  (You can always delete it in
> the official specification.)  Found a couple missing elements and some
> possible modeling issues with Feed & XFeed sizes.  Now that the model
> has MediaSize (XDimension and YDimension) perhaps that should be used
> instead of MediaSizeName in the SM mapping for the MIB.  It would line
> up better with the proposed IPP mapping as well.
> Pete
>

> Peter Zehler
>
> Xerox Research Center Webster
> Email: Peter.Zehler at Xerox.com