[IPP] Question on Media Color

Petrie, Glen glen.petrie at eitc.epson.com
Thu Feb 9 16:57:20 UTC 2012

Mike,

Since you found two possible errors in the media color values I gave, I
wanted to check all the values again and see if there is updated
information.

During this process, it occurred to me that the media color values are
really being used for display by a client since not every colored paper
is exactly the same.   That is blue paper from one supplier is not the
same as from another supplier.   Thus, the colors are representative.
So my question is, would it be ok to determine that nominal media color
value (based on found references) and to then use the nearest "web safe
color" as the published value in our specification.   I would think
approach to provide more consistency and any color management system is
likely to have support to deal with "web save color".

Glen

believed to be clean.