[IPP] Pages for documents

Michael Sweet msweet at apple.com
Mon Jun 18 16:10:19 UTC 2012

Pete,

I think we should change the JPS3 name to prevent the collision. In this case it isn't a problem for the registry, but I can see this causing confusion in the future.

I propose adding a "document-" prefix to the "pages-[suffix]" Document Description attributes (e.g. "pages" becomes "document-pages", etc.) to mirror the "job-" prefix used for the corresponding Job Description attributes.

Any objections?

On Jun 18, 2012, at 8:49 AM, Zehler, Peter wrote:

> All,
> Does anyone see any problem with us no longer having a flat namespace in the PWG model?  In my final JPS3 edits I found a collision on “pages”.  JPS3 has the “pages”  element whose semantics is the number of input pages and a syntax of integer.  The “overrides” element already contains the “pages” element whose semantics is to identifies one or more output pages and it is of type RangeOfInt.
> Pete
>

> Peter Zehler
>
> Xerox Research Center Webster
> Email: Peter.Zehler at Xerox.com