[IPP] Fwd: I-D Action: draft-ietf-httpbis-http2-03.txt

Michael Sweet msweet at apple.com
Thu May 30 14:43:37 UTC 2013

All,

Is there any interest in using HTTP/2.0 (see draft below) with IPP?

I specifically see this as being useful for IPP USB implementations (would help with interface exhaustion/contention), but it *might* also help with the resource usage of handling multiple network connections...

Begin forwarded message:

> From: internet-drafts at ietf.org
> Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-httpbis-http2-03.txt
> Date: May 29, 2013 at 6:32:44 PM EDT
> To: i-d-announce at ietf.org
> Cc: ietf-http-wg at w3.org

> This draft is a work item of the Hypertext Transfer Protocol Bis Working Group of the IETF.
>
> 	Title           : Hypertext Transfer Protocol version 2.0
> 	Author(s)       : Mike Belshe
>                          Roberto Peon
>                          Martin Thomson
>                          Alexey Melnikov
> 	Filename        : draft-ietf-httpbis-http2-03.txt
> 	Pages           : 48
> 	Date            : 2013-05-29
>
> Abstract:
>   This specification describes an optimized expression of the syntax of
>   the Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP).  The HTTP/2.0 encapsulation
>   enables more efficient use of network resources and reduced
>   perception of latency by allowing header field compression and
>   multiple concurrent messages on the same connection.  It also
>   introduces unsolicited push of representations from servers to
>   clients.
>
>   This document is an alternative to, but does not obsolete the
>   HTTP/1.1 message format or protocol.  HTTP's existing semantics
>   remain unchanged.

> https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-httpbis-http2

> http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-httpbis-http2-03

> http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-httpbis-http2-03