[IPP] Fuji Xerox has reviewed the IPP FaxOut specification and has comments

fx OHTAKE SHIN shin.ohtake at fujixerox.co.jp
Thu Jun 27 02:25:23 UTC 2013

Greetings,

Fuji Xerox has comments for the IPP FaxOut specification final call.

----
8.2 job-state-reasons
1. fax-modem-carrier-lost
See ITU-T T.30(09/2005)- Annex A Examples 13, FAX MSG carrier is lost by Called terminal. We think fax-modem-carrier-lost should be
removed from the specification.
If the specification supposes another case, tell us an example on the facsimile protocol sequence.

2. fax-modem-training-failure
See ITU-T T.30(09/2005)-Appendix IV Examples 4, Training failure is detected by Called terminal. We think fax-modem-training-failure
should be removed from the specification.
If the specification supposes another case, tell us an example on the facsimile protocol sequence.

3. fax-modem-voice-detected
If fax-modem-voice-detected specified as a job state, it should change name to job-calling. Facsimile always detect sound other than
a carrier tone while facsimile dialing numbers to detecting any facsimile signals, because facsimile may hear ringing tone or
machine's voice(voice answer system), human's voice(fax manual receive). Therefore, fax-modem-voice-detected cannot specify as an
error job reason, because of ringing tone.
---

Thanks,
Shin
//
Shin Ohtake     CTPF4D, Fuji Xerox Co.,Ltd.
                phone: +81-45-755-5474 (direct)
                mail:  shin.ohtake at fujixerox.co.jp