[IPP] Apple has reviewed the IPP FaxOut specification and has comments

Ira McDonald blueroofmusic at gmail.com
Fri Jun 28 17:19:30 UTC 2013

Hi Daniel,

Perhaps we should add "fax-modem-dialing" as a state reason (for the
Service and the FaxModem subunit) - but it's a very short-lived state
to be capturing in printer-state-reasons.

It's similar to the original IPP/1.1 (RFC 2911) "connecting-to-device",
but that one's only intended for passing a whole Job to the output-device,
not just the Job data (i.e, the FaxOut document content).

BTW - I think we should NOT add "fax-modem-training", because it's
a *very* short-lived state.

Mike - we'll have to register this (and any other) new Printer MIB Alerts
w/ IANA for the Printer MIB TC (as well as in the IPP Registry).

Co-Chair - IEEE-ISTO PWG IPP WG
Chair - TCG Embedded Systems Hardcopy SG
Blue Roof Music/High North Inc
mailto:blueroofmusic at gmail.com

On Thu, Jun 27, 2013 at 8:58 PM, Manchala, Daniel <Daniel.Manchala at xerox.com
> wrote:

>  Mike,****
>
> ** **
>
> Yes, one of the states we would like to have is ‘fax-out-modem-dialing’ or
> ‘fax-modem-dialing’.****
>
> ** **
>
> Thanks,****
>
> Daniel.****