[IPP] Simplified Cloud Imaging Diagram for a typical MFD

Michael Sweet msweet at apple.com
Wed Dec 11 02:06:25 UTC 2013

All,

Because we seem to be tripping over differences in terminology and our collective "big picture" of how cloud-based imaging is supposed to work, I put together the attached simplified diagram for a typical MFD that is registering Print, Scan, and FaxOut with a public cloud.  Each of the local services is "connected" to a corresponding service in the cloud.  I have purposely not included any fan-out in the diagram in order to focus our discussions on this simplified model.  We can expand our discussions once there is agreement on the simplified model/diagram.

(When comparing this to the model described in IPPSIX, you'd just remove all of the non-print services from the diagram...)

Thoughts?  Does this roughly match everyone's internal picture of cloud-based imaging?