[IPP] IPP Scan - Is Push scanning mandatory?

Kennedy, Smith (Wireless Architect) smith.kennedy at hp.com
Mon Feb 10 22:51:23 UTC 2014

Hi there,

I agree that Push should be optional.

Would we imagine that a client would filter on the Push URI schemes it supported?  If so, Pete’s key with a value listing the supported schemes is preferable.

For advertising Push via DNS-SD, the design decision should come down to balancing the size of the TXT record against the desire to discover or filter this capability using purely the values in the TXT record vs. having to do a follow-up interrogation, which is generally expensive and not desirable.

Also, should IPP Scan include a way for the MFD to find Push scan destinations?

Smith

/**
    Smith Kennedy
    ATB Wireless Architect - PPS