[IPP] IPP Scan - Is Push scanning mandatory?

Michael Sweet msweet at apple.com
Tue Feb 11 16:18:09 UTC 2014

Ira,

On Feb 11, 2014, at 10:55 AM, Ira McDonald <blueroofmusic at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Mike,
>
> Crossed wires?
>
> The mobile client may have very limited local storage and therefore want
> the MFD to push a large scan output file directly to a network server.

Today's mobile clients (ones that would be used for scanning anyways) start with 8GB of onboard storage (flash).  At those capacities, a client can store approximately 65,000 pages worth of B&W documents at 200dpi ("super-fine" fax quality) or 4,000 photos at 600dpi - that isn't very limited in my book.

And if for some reason you don't have enough available local storage space you can still stream it from the MFD to the destination.