[IPP] IETF IPP specs status update (20 Oct 2014)

Ira McDonald blueroofmusic at gmail.com
Mon Oct 20 15:52:33 UTC 2014

Hi,

Our LDAP Printer schema has been accepted into the RFC Editor's
Independent Stream (target Informational RFC like many other LDAP
schema specs in the past) and is presently awaiting reviewers.

Our IPP over HTTPS Transport Binding and "ipps" URI Scheme
has been moved (by the RFC Editor) to the IETF *standards-track*
stream and is now IETF Area Director sponsored by Barry Leiba
(IETF Apps AD).  We've already had a good set of review comments
from S. Mooneswamy (all valid and to be fixed in the next draft).

BTW - next Internet-Draft cut-off is next Monday 27 October, so it's
unlikely that I'll get out an update to either of our IETF IPP specs
before then.

Talk to you all this afternoon in our IPP WG call.

Blue Roof Music / High North Inc
mailto: blueroofmusic at gmail.com