[IPP] confusion from some FaxOut attributes [PWG5100.15-2014]

Walter Zhou walterzh at marvell.com
Tue Nov 18 09:06:31 UTC 2014

Hi all

I am implementing IPP FaxOut based on [PWG5100.15-2014], but I could not
understand some attributes (By the way, maybe the specification is too
slim).

Section 7.2 Job Template Attributes, the section title is OK ? Sorry, I
am not a IPP guru, I think maybe the section title should be "Operation
Attributes".

When a user want to send a fax, the client should tell the printer
his/her intents:

1. confirmation sheet need print ? (confirmation-sheet-print)
2. cover sheet information (cover-sheet-info)
3. The fax recipient(s) info (destination-uris)
etc.

These infos belong to "Operation Attributes" or "Job Template
Attributes" ? Sorry, I got lost.

If they belong to "Job Template Attributes", How does the client tell
the printer to send fax (which recipients, etc.) ?

Yes, the printer could retrieve the recipients from
"destination-uris"(Job Template Attributes), but the collections are
fixed, the client could only send fax to the recipients in the collections ?

Regards

Walter