[IPP] Fwd: "pwgraster-lint" tool?

Kennedy, Smith (Wireless Architect) smith.kennedy at hp.com
Thu Mar 16 20:38:51 UTC 2017

Greetings,

This was privately discussed before being discussed at today's IPP WG meeting, so re-posting for posterity. Notes from today's meeting (recorded in mintutes at: http://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/minutes/ippv2-concall-minutes-20170316.pdf <http://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/minutes/ippv2-concall-minutes-20170316.pdf>) on this subject:

Possible pwgraster-lint tool (Smith/Mike)

⁃ email discussion on 03/14/17
⁃ Smith will forward message thread to IPP mailing list

⁃ Issue #29 in ippsample project:
⁃ https://github.com/istopwg/ippsample/issues/29

⁃  Also use for a future IPP Transform service, using a generic "lint

report" MIME media type so that (in theory) any document format

could be validated.

⁃  Have OpenPrinting volunteers to write code as needed for different

formats.

⁃  Known issues with reporting problems with PDF/PostScript since it

is hard to report on where the problem is (page number or PDF object number are more feasible than file offsets)

⁃ Will talk with Artifex developers for their feedback

Smith

/**
    Smith Kennedy
    Wireless Architect - Client Software - IPG-PPS
    Standards - IEEE ISTO PWG / Bluetooth SIG / Wi-Fi Alliance / NFC Forum / USB IF
    Chair, IEEE ISTO Printer Working Group
    HP Inc.
*/