[IPP] Updated draft of IPP Authentication Methods whitepaper available for review

Michael Sweet msweet at apple.com
Fri Dec 8 13:57:56 UTC 2017

Smith,

Couple quick editorial notes on the latest draft:

- Section 3: Suggest title be changed to "Overview of IPP Authentication Methods"; it isn't really rationale, and this isn't a standards track document, so I think we can relax the usual boilerplate stuff.
- Section 3.1: Also mention printer-xri-supported's xri-authentication member attribute (RFC3380)
- Section 3.1.3: Line 111 should say "HTTP Basic" (capitalized, no quotes around Basic)
- Section 3.1.4: Line 121 should say "HTTP Digest" (capitalized, no quotes around Digest)
- Section 3.1.5: Ditto for Negotiate
- Section 3.1.6: "HTTP Bearer Token Usage", RFC 6750 (5749 is OAuth 1.0)
- Section 3.1.x: Add section on 'certificate' - requires TLS, which can be done inline with HTTP Upgrade