[IPP] RFC: Drop 1284 device ID requirements from IPP Everywhere 1.1

Ira McDonald blueroofmusic at gmail.com
Tue Apr 17 13:51:19 UTC 2018

Hi Paul,

ANY optional attribute can be returned by an IPP Printer from ANY IETF or
PWG IPP spec.
IPP Everywhere is a *profile* of IPP, not a *version*.

If an IPP Client is so out-of-date to parse and use the PDL identifiers in
an IEEE 1284
Device ID string, then it's a poor implementation anyway.

Blue Roof Music / High North Inc
mailto: blueroofmusic at gmail.com
Jan-April: 579 Park Place  Saline, MI  48176  734-944-0094
May-Dec: PO Box 221  Grand Marais, MI 49839  906-494-2434