[IPP] Adding a section 3.5 "Design Requirements" to IPP Authentication Methods

Kennedy, Smith (Wireless & Standards Architect) smith.kennedy at hp.com
Mon Jul 1 19:20:00 UTC 2019

Greetings,

From our LCRC review of IPP Authentication Methods, it was pointed out in the review that the document was lacking a "Design Requirements" subsection to section 3. We decided to post a draft here on the reflector, and once consensus was reached, to add that to the final draft to be used in the PWG Formal Vote of Approval.

3.5 Design Requirements

The design requirements for this IPP Authentication Methods Best Practice document are:

1. Illustrate how each authentication method currently defined for IPP integrates into IPP interaction flows;
2. Identify and describe points to be considered in implementing Client or Printer support for authentication in general, including factors that influence user experience as well as protocol technical concerns.

Thoughts?

Smith

/**
    Smith Kennedy