[IPP] Initial draft of IPP Job and Printer Extensions Set 3 v1.1 posted

Michael Sweet msweet at apple.com
Thu Jul 11 18:53:00 UTC 2019

Smith,

Thanks for doing this!  Some feedback from a quick review:

- Drop -5100.13 from the filename (that's just for published documents)
- Global: remove section references for all of the STD92 stuff (which would have been RFC2911 sections - they don't match up
- Global: fix "reference not found" issues (section 5.6.7 at least)
- I think much of the 1.x content should be moved to a new section 4 model, with the new operations starting in section 5 (in keeping with our current template)
- pages-per-subset should be deprecated, per our prior discussions on the subject (finishings 2.1 has the job-pages-per-set attribute)
- Might as well add the "auto-monochrome" value for print-color-mode as RECOMMENDED.
- Section 5.3 attributes that are READ-ONLY should be moved to a new Job Status Attributes section.
- Section 5.4 should be "Subscription Status Attributes"
- Section 5.5 attributes that are READ-ONLY should be moved to a new Document Status Attributes section.
- Section 5.5.3 (pages) attribute is READ-WRITE (Document Description), per prior registry correction
- Section 5.5.5 (pages-completed-current-copy) should be obsoleted since RFC 3381 has been obsoleted
- Section 5.6 attributes that are READ-ONLY should be moved to a new Printer Status Attributes section.
- Section 5.6.7, table 5: obsolete "job-save" since that spec is getting obsoleted, move "proof-print" to the new EPX spec?
- Section 5.6.8: The examples seem to have a mix of quote styles, maybe "1setOf syntax" instead of "1setOf <type-def-for-job-template-attribute>"
- Global: Remove all of the media-xxx attributes since those are part of Job Extensions v2.0
- Section 5.6.17, table 6: fix title ("multiple-operation-time-out-action")
- Section 5.6.18: Obsolete
- Section 5.6.29 (printer-get-attributes-supported): Drop 'type2'
- Section 5.6.33 (printer-mandantory-job-attributes): Drop 'type2'
- Section 5.6.39.4: example should probably be expanded to include yellow and black (to be realistic), along with a wasteToner or wasteInk entry?
- Section 5.6.40.2: sync up with printer-supply example changes
- Global: Check all 5100.11 references, replace with new specs (5100.7, etc.)
- Section 6.10: Remove (all media-col stuff is in JOBEXT 2.0)
- Section 7.2: Remove? I think these are now defined in Finishings 2.1?
- Sections 7.6 and 7.7: Remove (all media-col stuff is in JOBEXT 2.0)
- Section 9.1: Example on lines 1878 to 1881 uses left/right quotes instead of straight quotes
- Section 10: Might want to wordsmith this now that STD92 has clarified things? Line 1985 also has a typo ("page-range" instead of "page-ranges").
- Table 15: Remove (obsolete) job-cover-back and job-cover-front attributes, change "pages-ranges" to "page-ranges", remove (obsolete) sheet-collate,
- Section 11.2: "printer-config-change-time" (not printer-description-change-time), remove media-xxx references.
- Global: Update RFC2616 references to the corresponding new RFC723x RFCs...
- Section 16: Drop "using Address style", you should be listed as primary author, move/update others as appropriate