[IPP] Updated draft of IPP Label Printing Extensions v1.0

Michael Sweet msweet at msweet.org
Wed Jan 15 14:17:49 UTC 2020

All,

I have posted an updated interim draft of IPP Label Printing Extensions v1.0 to:

	https://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/wd-ipplabel10-20200115.docx
	https://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/wd-ipplabel10-20200115.pdf
	https://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/wd-ipplabel10-20200115-rev.pdf

This version:

- Renames "label-tear-off-xxx" to "label-tear-offset-xxx" for consistency
- Clarifies the range of values for print-darkness vs. printer-darkness-configured
- Adds a new 'labels-continuous' media-type value
- Adds implementation guidance for media values

All of this is prototyped in my new LPrint project which provides an IPP Everywhere front-end for common USB and network label printers:

    https://www.msweet.org/lprint