[IPP] job-error-action (in NODRIVER) interaction with ipp-attribute-fidelity

Sean Kau skau at chromium.org
Thu Feb 6 21:11:23 UTC 2020

We've defined job-error-action in NODRIVER (
https://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/wd-ippnodriver20-20200204-rev.pdf).
 ipp-attribute-fidelity was created in STD92 (
https://tools.ietf.org/html/std92) and states:

   o  If the Client supplies 'true', the Printer MUST reject the request
      if the Client supplies unsupported Job Template attributes.

job-error-action states that it applies when "an error is encountered in a
document during processing of the job" and includes an option to
"suspend-job".

Does job-error-action only pertain to issues with document format?  Should
ipp-attribute-fidelity take precedence for issues with the Job Ticket?

As I read it, one possible (and undesirable) implementation of these two
attributes would be that we could suspend a job in response to a bad job
ticket.

--
Sean Kau