[IPP] IPP WG Last Call: IPP Label Printing Extensions v1.0 (Ends February 13, 2020)

Michael Sweet msweet at msweet.org
Fri Feb 14 19:25:02 UTC 2020

Smith,

Thanks for the feedback, late or otherwise... :)

> On Feb 14, 2020, at 12:40 PM, Kennedy, Smith (Wireless & IPP Standards) <smith.kennedy at hp.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Mike,
>
> These comments are late so I apologize for my tardiness:
>
> 	• Line 137-138: Replace with "And given the need to support label and receipt printers with IPP, this IPP Label Printing Extensions v1.0 should extend IPP by:"
> 	• Lines 139-141: Change the first word to be "Defining" or "Providing" to align with the first comment

Hmm, I'll reword a bit but I'm not 100% sold on the new wording.

> 	• Section 5.2.1: is it possible for there to be more than one label mode configured? If so, then "label-mode-configured" ought to be (1setOf type2 keyword).

In my experience, there is only a single label mode per printer.  And most label printers have only a single roll anyways... (the only examples I have seen are the DYMO Twin/Duo models, which have a single label mode for both...)

> 	• Lines 290-291: Move the first bullet to the bottom of the unordered list? It seems like we ought to be conveying a preference for standard document formats over proprietary ones

OK