[IPP] IPP Everywhere ipp-tests.sh printer-alert

Michael Sweet msweet at msweet.org
Thu Mar 26 21:43:44 UTC 2020

To close the loop on this, during today's IPP conference call we decided to file an errata on 5100.9 to note that "printer-alert" and "printer-alert-description" SHOULD NOT be reported when the prtAlertTable is empty.

I have also included this in the latest IPP Everywhere v1.1 draft along with a note concerning existing implementations that choose to report '' or 'code=other' for an empty table.  IPP Everywhere 1.1 also now makes this attribute RECOMMENDED for physical printers and OPTIONAL for print servers.

The IPP Everywhere self-certification tools will also be updated to a) not require printer-alert or printer-alert-description and b) allow printer-alert to be the empty string.