[IPP] Issues found in published IPP Everywhere Printer Self-Certification Tools

Michael Sweet msweet at msweet.org
Tue Jun 16 21:46:10 UTC 2020

All,

One of our members found a couple bugs in the new ippevesubmit tool that is used in the latest IPP Everywhere Printer Self-Certification tools (both 1.0 Update 4 and 1.1):

- Printer model names were truncated after the first space (Issue #53)
- The JSON output did not validate (Issue #54)

I have fixes pushed for both the 1.1 and 1.0 tools and will be preparing new binaries tomorrow for people to test.  I urge everyone to at least try running the tools on your systems so that we know for sure that they are good.