[IPP] PWG 5100.13 - IPP document-password-supported value of 0

Kennedy, Smith (Wireless & IPP Standards) smith.kennedy at hp.com
Tue Jul 28 15:22:24 UTC 2020

I’ll resolve this in the next revision of NODRIVER.

Cheers,
Smith
---
Smith Kennedy
smith.kennedy at hp.com

On Jul 28, 2020, at 9:17 AM, Michael Sweet via ipp <ipp at pwg.org> wrote:

 Chris,

> On Jul 28, 2020, at 11:05 AM, Rizzo, Christopher via ipp <ipp at pwg.org> wrote:
>
> This might seem totally off the wall, but IPP Everywhere tests have led me down this path:
>
> PWG 5100.13 section 5.1.2 document-password (octetString(1023)) states "this attribute MUST be supported if the printer also supports the "document-password-supported" attribute."
>
> But section 5.6.4 document-password-supported (integer(0:1023)) states "The value of 0 indicates that the attribute is not supported".
>
> It seems it does not make sense that document-password MUST be supported when the value of document-password-supported = 0.

🤪

Let's make sure the NODRIVER (the successor to JPS3) fixes this nonsense. I seem to remember some discussion of this back when I authored JPS3 ("how do I know that document-password is supported...") but it looks like the final text wasn't properly cleaned up.

It should, of course, tie "document-password-supported" to "document-password", and not vice-versa.