[IPP] Oauth for IPP System Service

Piotr Pawliczek pawliczek at chromium.org
Wed Oct 7 20:08:42 UTC 2020

Hi,

I am trying to figure out how to implement oauth authentication for the IPP
System (e.g.: needed to send the Get-Printers request). I cannot find any
references to oauth authorization in the document "IPP System Service v1.0
(SYSTEM)". Is there any plan to describe oauth authentication on the level
of IPP System?
The only reference to oauth I could find is in "IPP Authentication Methods
v1.0". In that document, the oauth authorization is defined on the Printer
level. In that case, Get-Printer-Attributes returns necessary data to
perform oauth authorization. How to do oauth authorization for Get-Printers
request?

Thanks,
Piotr Pawliczek